Thursday, June 4, 2009

"Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth."

These words were spoken by Henry David Thoreau. Today, they just seem to resonate with me down to my very core. I think that it has to do with the issues that I am dealing with regarding my ex. All that I ever really asked of him was that he be honest with me. It seems that he could not even do that. I admit that when we split up the first time, I fucked up - royally. However, when we split for good, it was because he would not quit using and decided to go and fuck the chick that he dated when we were split up the first time. After I left, I missed him terribly. I used to have nightmares about growing old alone and wished that he would come back to me. As stupid as that sounds, I hate typing it even now. At this point in my life, we have been separated for about a year and I have come to a point where I am comfortable with the fact that I am single. I miss having someone to curl up next to at night when I go to sleep and waking up in someone's arms. One man that I am currently dating does spend the night on a regular basis, usually once or twice a week. I treasure the moments when I am melting into sleep, wrapped together with him and waking up, feeling his arms around me. Ok - so this went on a total ramble, sorry about that. Things have been a little weird lately.
*smooches*

No comments:

Post a Comment