Thursday, June 4, 2009

Good thought for the day

I know that weight is just a number on a scale but I finally broke down today and picked one up. So, starting weight for the diet is 215 pounds. Not bad considering I thought that I weighed about 240 or so. Did some more walking today. Felt really good. I think that what I am going to do is walking one day and swimming the next. Break up the monotony so that my body does not get used to one type of exercise. Probably be for the best so that I can lose the weight faster. Also thinking about starting up the P90X system once I get into better shape that way I don't have a bunch of flab hanging off me. I am really excited and now that I have a scale, I am going to weigh myself about once a week so that I can see if I am making any progress. I have already cut down on the sodas and am drinking only diet sodas when I do have one; except for the occasional root beer, LOL. The kids are also excited about the fact that I am gettig serious about losing weight. I think they really want to see me happy and healthy again. I am thinking that I want to lose about 50 pounds as my ultimate goal. Breaking that down into weekly goals should make it easier. Then I will be down to my pre-baby weight. Just gotta be on top of it this time. Here's to hoping that I do not get discouraged!

No comments:

Post a Comment