Friday, June 19, 2009

Father's Day

As Father's Day approaches, I am sitting here wondering how I am going to handle it this year. This will be the first year that my children are not going to be able to see their Dad on Father's Day. Considering the fact that I will have the kids that day, I am nervous about how to approach the subject if it comes up. Also, if it does not come up, should I bring it up? I do not know if they will be doing anything at the foster mom's house. I know that I got my dad a father's day gift. Should I say that it is from all three of us and send it to him, letting them sign the package? If I do let them have a part in sending my dad, their grandfather, a gift, what kind of affect will that have on them and not being able to celebrate with their own father? We did celebrate Mother's day and Lilith's birthday, but then again, there was someone in the home who we were celebrating! Should I go ahead and exclude them from celebrating it with their grandfather, and if I did, what kind of message am I sending them? Anybody out there got any suggestions or who have been in a similar situation that might be able to shed some light on my own dilemma? Thanks for reading, *smooches*

No comments:

Post a Comment