Sunday, August 30, 2009

Idiotic people

As most people already know, I WAS a drug addict. I say "was" because I have been sober for about a year and a half now and have no desire to start using again at all. I successfully completed outpatient rehab in April of 2009 as well as a court-order drug education/prevention course over a weekend.
I am also an atheist and proud of that fact. I am NOT an agnostic as most people would like to label me. I do not feel the need for a higher power because I am my own higher power.
Now that you have a little background on me, let me get into what inspired this post today.
Yesterday, at work, I was talking to some of my co-workers and we were discussing the news. Somehow, the topic of drugs came up. Now, when I was using, my drug of choice was methamphetamine. I had read an article a couple of days ago that mentioned a new method of making meth had been discovered that required no fire and has been dubbed the "shaker method." I mentioned this to the people that I was talking to and one of my supervisors made the comment that I know a lot about this stuff. Never being one to shy away from my past, I responded that I had used for years and that it was only natural that I know this stuff.
No biggie, right? Not at all. This did not phase me one bit.
We got started talking about 12 step programs. He asked me if I was involved in any and I told him, no. Asked why, I then told him that I do not believe in a higher power and will not involve myself with an organization that requires submission to one. This guy, seriously would not take the answer that I am on atheist at all. he INSISTED that I was agnostic. He then asked me if I "believed in Wiccan?" I told him that I was Wiccan many years ago but was now an atheist. His response? "Well, there ya go, believe in Wiccan!" honestly, can you get any more hard headed.
The part that pissed me off the most was this though: this man actually had the NERVE to tell me that because I did not and refuse to go through a 12 step program, that I will FAIL. I will have him and everyone know that I am too strong and have come too fucking far on this journey to fail at this point. I refuse to submit to a "higher power" and admit that I am powerless when it comes to this drug. All this, I am powerless bullshit is just that, BULLSHIT! I am a human being with a brain and the will power to say no to this drug.
OK - thanks for listening folks, I feel better now
*smooches*
Ravn

No comments:

Post a Comment