Wednesday, August 12, 2009

First day of school

Well, today was the girls first day of school. They really enjoyed it and are looking forward to the rest of the year. Fortunately, for them, they do not have to deal with the bureaucratic BULLSHIT that goes on in the background. Because I do not have their birth certificates yet, Franklin Schools was supposed to fax over their records to the new school. I called them yesterday to have the info faxed over. Got to the school this morning and did not see them on the class rosters. I went to the office to find out what class they were supposed to be in and Franklin had STILL not faxed the info over. This was after calling them yesterday and telling them that I needed the birth certificates faxed over ASAP. Two calls this morning later and I am finally informed that they did not actually have the girls' birth certificates!
Being concerned at this, I asked the woman how the girls attended school up there without them and was informed that since they were foster children, they did not necessarily need all of those documents! WOW! Gotta love that shit, right? My question is this: how in the HELL did they attend the first school without that documentation? Fortunately, I was able to go ahead and get them enrolled in class and they were able to attend the first day of classes without any further issues.
On a completely related note, my mother is fucking amazing. I am having Dylan send her the money tomorrow and she is going to send me their birth certificates tomorrow. It is really awesome how she can come through for me like that.
With that, I am leaving you with a picture of the kids on their first day of school!

No comments:

Post a Comment