Friday, August 28, 2009

Signage rants

Tuesday, after dropping the kids off at school and on our way to court, we passed a church. This church had a sign outside that instructed people to "Hug your Bible." Wednesday, this same sign proclaimed "The Bible is #1" and that "Man is #2." What happened to man being at the top of the food chain and what lame brain came up with this idea, is what I wanted to know. So, being who I am, I posted this on another site that I am on. A brother then asked me if this was part of a campaign call I am Second.

I did some research on this and determined that it is a group of churches who seem to have rededicated themselves to God. They seem to have a pretty big following considering the fact that the only groups that I can find are all located in North Texas, in the Dallas/Ft Worth region.

This brings me to another point: churches that seemed to have decided that the world needs some of that "old-time religion." I seemed to have located one here in Tempe. The Faithful Word Baptist Church boasts on its website:

"We believe that life begins at conception (fertilization) and reject all forms of abortion including surgical abortion, "morning-after" pills, IVF (In Vitro Fertilization), birth control pills, and all other processes that end life after conception."
"We believe that homosexuality is a sin and an abomination which God punishes with the death penalty."

I would like to believe that I live in a somewhat progressive city. Being a college town tends to make people a little more accepting of their fellow human beings. I think that I have been proven wrong by the existence of this church. It is always nice to know that there are some people out there that think you should die simply because you love or even lust after someone of the same sex as yourself.

Ok - so this turned into a rant about more than I expected it to, my apologies for that. I will leave with this image:


*smooches*

Ravn

No comments:

Post a Comment