Saturday, August 1, 2009

Homeward bound

Yesterday was the big day. The kids officially moved back home. Instead of just coming straight home last night, we opted to go on a drive through the mountains. We ended up taking the kids up to Mingus Lake and through Mingus Mount. It was a total blast! We ended up at the highest point being 7023 feet up the mountain! Talk about ears popping! Coming back down and headed toward Jerome, AZ the road was super windy. (We were coming down a mountain after all, LOL) Lilith started to get a little sick on the curves so we pulled over before getting there so that she could get out and walk around a little bit.
Jerome was amazing. There is the Gold King Mine Ghost Town that we got to check out that was totally freaking cool. My dad is a retired fireman so I got several pictures of Lilith and Isis on three different types of old fire trucks and sent them to him. I figure that will get a smile or two out of him. ^_^ I also got some great pictures of the kids just messing around and in front of an old school house. Right now I am blogging this from work so I will post a link to the pictures later, when I get home.
After Jerome, we decided to have a picnic at Camp Verde. Unfortunately, there was not much to see there or do without forking over a lot of cash so we just chilled and enjoyed the cooler weather and the shade. (A rarity out here in the desert)
Almost 10 hours later, we finally reach home. I was completely worn out and exhausted but managed to stay awake for another hour or so before I decided it was nap time. Thankfully, the kids let me sleep for about 30 minutes or so which was not only much appreciated but also much needed!
Well, that is all for now. Like I said, I will post the pictures from yesterday online later tonight and will post a link to them so that anyone who is interested will be able to see them.
*smooches*
Ravn

No comments:

Post a Comment