Sunday, May 31, 2009

Nobody's Sunbeam

Why do I still let you get to me?

Why do I still let you hunt me so?

I have demonized to myself

So I can finally let you go.


I thought that I was over you

I guess I will never truly be

Deep down, in my heart of hearts

You still mean the world to me


While unpacking some more stuff today

I found something that you had given me

It reminded me of the good times we shared,

Of the way things used to be.


We spent nearly ten years together

We had our ups and downs

I remember how happy I was

To be coming back to this town


You gave it to me when I got off the bus

It was just a silly little thing

It brought back a flood of memories

Of just how well you knew me


Even as I sit here writing this

A year, we have been apart

It pains me to know

That you can still break my heart


I miss the times when things were good

And we got along so well.

When will I ever be over you?

Only time will tell.


I know in the end,

That I am better off now

Late at night, when I sit here alone,

I still think about you, even now.


I want this feeling to stop

I thought that I was finally over you

I think that I will never be

Anyone else's Sunbeam.


No comments:

Post a Comment