Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Complete, utter helplessness

Holy shit! Last night was a fucking trip. Went out with a friend, got a flat tire, had a few drinks, and damn near got my ass kicked. It made me realise that I am not completely over my ex. I have never been someone to back down in a fight but last night was really scary. Being yelled at and threatened to be knocked out cold was one of the scariest things that has happened to me so far. While I really like the guy that I went out with last night, I despise his friend for bringing that out in me and reducing me to a state of complete helplessness and for making me feel no bigger than an ant. It did make me realise that I need to take some sort of self-defence class so that I do not have to feel like that ever again! I wish that I was more over him. I thought that I was already. I know for a fact that I never want to be with him again but I hate the fact that based on the way that he treated me in the end something simple and small like a confrontation can send me back to that time when we were together. I need to learn how to get over it and get over it quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment