Sunday, May 24, 2009

The Big 10!

My oldest child, Lilith, turned the big 10 on Friday. Got to see them on Saturday, which was really nice. We did not do much but had some KFC, Isis and I made Rainbow Cake, and Lilith rocked out to some Guitar Hero 2. She did really well considering that it was her first time playing. I am really proud of the way that she took her time and went through the tutorials to actually learn how to play the game. She had a lot of fun as did I.
It honestly seems like it has not been 10 years already. Thinking back to when she was first born, I am amazed at the fact that I have a 10 year old. When I got pregnant with her, I was always the one to say that I did not want children. Not just then but ever. It is really odd how things turn out. Lilith has turned out to be a beautiful and intelligent child. She can hold her own in conversation with not only other children but also adults and always has been able to. She also has an inquisitive mind and is curious about the world around her. She is constantly learning and I love the fact that she allows me to be involved with her on that level. If she does not understand something or wants to know more about it, then she is willing to come to me and ask me about it. If I do not know the answer then she makes me look it up so that we can both learn something new.

2 comments:

  1. I think it's really awesome that you guys had such a great day =). I'm also really proud of you staying so strong during some very difficult times. Your a strong one =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, You are a very very strong awsome mom. I loved the rainbow cakes. You should bring over the little ones when you can to swim with us. I hope all is well with you.

    ReplyDelete