Sunday, October 16, 2011

SororRavn 45/365

Well, obviously I did not take this photo because it is a picture of a nanotube. However, this picture represents one of my interests and something that I am considering minoring in. As most of you know, my main interest and major is genetics. One of the things I want to do is get into stem cell research. I am also toying with the idea of genetic manipulation and a way to do that thru the use of nanobots; tiny, microscopic robots. Now scientists have discovered a way to power these nanobots through the use of carbon nanotubes. This will allow the bots to be powered using motors that are actually much more powerful than current motors. Anyways, this is fucking amazing and I am in awe of the advances that are currently being made in the field of nanotech. Here is the article: http://gizmodo.com/5850000/scientists-have-used-carbon-nanotubes-to-engineer-the-most-powerful-artificial-muscles-ever

[category SororRavn]

No comments:

Post a Comment