Monday, April 26, 2010

Obligatory post-baby blog

Well, as most of you know and as promised, this is my first post baby post. Labor was not too long and it went by fairly easily. I was only in real labor for about 6 hours total. Once they gave me the epidural, I was in heaven! It was definitely different in that they have changed the medicines used in the procedure and I could still feel my toes but not the contractions. Once the baby was ready to be born, I could actually feel her coming out! It was definitely odd having that feeling again!
At 9:46AM on March 31,2010, Baduhenna Eir was born. She was welcomed into the world by myself and her daddy, Dylan. She weighed 8lbs 13oz and was 20.5in long. Much bigger than my other two girls when they were born!
Because I know that some people are going to ask about her name: Baduhenna is the Norse goddess of War and Eir is the Valkyrie of Medicine. I have given all three of my daughters strong names in the hopes that they will grow up to embody the independence and strength that the names represent.
Baduhenna is now just over a month old and is growing like a weed. It has taken a while but I think that I am getting back into the swing of things. I had forgotten how much time a new baby takes away from a person!
On April 8th this year, I turned the *spooky music* dreaded 30! I have decided to pursue on of my dreams! I am getting ready to go back to school this fall. I filled out my FAFSA and now I have to get my other loans in deferment so I can get funding. I am finally going to go after my PhD in genetics! I am really excited!
That is all for today!
*smooches*
Ravn

No comments:

Post a Comment