Wednesday, July 21, 2010

They say you can never really go back home

And boy were they not kidding! Don't get me wrong, I love my family. They are the quirky background that has helped to shape who I am today. However, I am truly grateful that I was able to get out of Longview and make my way out here to Arizona. I loved growing up in a small town but damn if when I got there, people who should not have known that I was there, knew within a day! I love being in the city and being able to just melt away and become part of a faceless crowd.
Anywhoo, it was really great getting to see my family. I also got to introduce my boyfriend, his son, and the new baby to everyone. Dad took the Dylan for a ride while we were there and apparently (insert dramatic theme music) really likes him! Told him that he is a guy that Dad can respect! Talk about a win right there!
Driving down there, we had some issues with the van but we made it there and back in one piece. We ended up having to replace the alternator and the battery on it.
I did go see Granny. Turns out before we got there she fell off her back steps and banged her arm up pretty good. I guess this means that she really is getting old. It is hard to believe that she turned 74 this year. I guess to me, Granny will always be in her early 50's. Luckily, she is OK and all she did was pull a groin muscle.
I fixed Pocketlint's laptop while I was in town as well. She had gotten a nasty virus on it and was unable to do anything with it. Now it is up and running and she is loving it. I am glad that I was able to get that done for her.
I also dyed Stevi's hair while I was there. It is now a beautiful shade of bright pink! The dye we used was called crimson blood but totally did not come out the red that we were hoping for, LOL. He let me use a little bit of it for Lilith's hair as well and now she has two pink streaks in the front of her hair. It looks really cute. ^_^
Well, that's it for now.
*smooches*
Ravn

No comments:

Post a Comment